Wednesday 22 September 2021

Story Starters: I Couldn't Believe My Eyes!

 I couldn't believe my eyes!

About a million different lanterns swayed in the breeze, illuminating the path underneath me. It was the most beautiful thing I had seen in my life! I was so lucky that I could even come to Japan in the  dark. 

The airport was only a mile away from here , so I decided to take a look around. My friends, Cornelia and Ivy, were gaping at me as if I hadn't noticed that a million beautiful glowing lanterns were floating above my head.

I grinned at them and raced forward, hands outspread, enjoying the scene. Cornelia caught up with me and giggled quietly pointing at Ivy. I didn't realize what was so funny until I looked over to Ivy and saw that she was running under a large dragon that swept her up in the air and soared over the lanterns, Ivy was squealing with delight as the dragon blew a plume of smoke through his nostrils.

We chased them until the dragon had had enough time flying with Ivy, he landed with a ground rumbling thud and Ivy hopped down from his large taloned claws, the dragon fist bumped Ivy and accidently sent her flying in the air, she landed in a small bush. You could tell that Ivy was having the time of her life. {It wasn't everyday that you'd meet a dragon and fly with it!} 

We quickly went to the sushi shop and ordered some sushi and japanese drinks. Later, Cornelia Ivy and I were making ourselves comfortable in the plane that would bring us back to nz, Auckland airport, then jump on another plane there and fly all the way back to gisborne, our home.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Josie, Ivy here!
    Josie, I love your blog in every way, especially the dragon part. I like how you added me in your blog too! PS: I probably wouldn't squeal with delight but I like how you described how I was feeling.

    -Ivy🐉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Josephine: I love your blog. It actually makes me feel like i'm there. I can tell that you put a lot of work into making your blog post. Keep up the great blogs.
    From Millie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about