Thursday 30 September 2021

Hamanatua Stream Hike

Yesterday, on the 28th of September, 2021, half of my class were scurrying around, trying to get a free bathroom,  because we were going on a hike up the hamanatua stream, and no one, no one, wanted to go bathroom there. Because guess what? There were none! So, on the 28th of September, 2021, half of my class were scurrying around, trying to get a free bathroom. The girls bathroom is extra small, so there was a line bigger than me! Probably 15 times of the length of me! It was massive! I ended up going in the little kids bathroom. 

Before I knew it, we were lining up in single file, on the class deck with our medium sized bags on our backs. Suddenly we were moving across the road, and onto the walkway. Halfway there, I met Rio's mum Natalie, walking their dog Coco. I said,  " Hi, Natalie!",  and kept walking. It was nice to see my neighbor, it made me smile. 

Soon enough, we were up Scarlys Way, and Koka Rozie was opening the gate into the property. First we had to jump over a small stream. My idea was to throw my bag over the stream on flat, dry land, then jump over the stream myself. Luckily enough, Matua Steffan caught my bag in mid air, and I jumped over the stream with no problem. 

 We had to wait for the others to come, but once they did, we started walking again. We walked in mud, water, poo, more mud and lots more. finally we reached our destination we had a little break and then we headed back. We passed the enviros group when we were crossing the bridge to get to school.

Once we were at school, we took our socks and shoes off, and started playing outside. It was pretty fun, even though my feet were numb. 

In the afternoon when it was pick up time, mum hugged me and showed me the new swimming cap she got me. OMG! It was iridescent purple and it was a glow in the dark. Not that I swim in the dark!

I had the best day that week! Whew! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about