Monday 30 August 2021

Story Starters

 If you were wondering if this was real, I can assure you it's not. I made it really look like it was real, but I promise you, again, that it is not. Just try to enjoy the scene!

Josie hadn't meant for it to happen. She had accidentally hit 'send all' on the messaging app. Soon her driveway was full with cars that had party food and drinks in the boot.

 They all piled out their cars 1 by 1, chatting and blabbering about how cool the party would be. 

Oh dear, when mum and dad come home I'm gonna be in big trouble! Josie didn't want to think about punishments just yet - she had a party to sort out!

Josie had to do something - fast. " EVERYBODY! I KNOW YOU GOT MY MESSAGE BUT I ACCIDENTLY PRESSED 'SEND ALL' SO THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO BE HERE ARE CORNELIA BOYD, IVY MCMILLAN AND RIO SCOTT!" Josie yelled loudly. 

I could feel my face flush, and that was when I totally lost It.

"EVERYONE APART FROM RIO SCOTT, IVY MCMILLAN AND CORNELIA BOYD CAN LEAVE NOW! GET OUT OF HERE!" Josie yelled, catching two little boys sneaking into the house. 

Ivy, Rio and Cornelia came up to the front porch where I was standing, a look of confusion on their faces soon made Josie burst out laughing.

" Your faces!" Josie giggled pointing and clutching her side. She grabbed her friends and went inside to start the "actual" party just the four of them.

2 comments:

  1. Aloha Josie, Kale'a here. I love your Quickwrite! It is funny, exciting and makes me want to see what happens next. I think you did a great job hooking the reader in and it really lit up my day. Awesome job, and happy partying!

    -Kale'a :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Josie,
    That was a great Quickwrite! What if that did actually Happen? that would be bad, but a tiny bit funny. SORRY! I love how real you made it. Just, you might have added
    a-few to many paragraphs, But enough words, by far!

    Charlotte A
    P.S. I really can't wait to see you back at school!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about