Monday 22 November 2021

Recount: Kapa Haka ( Quite a small one)

 Inside the classroom was chaos. Children were flooding in the room, trying to get their mokos and their gold and yellow feathers on. As I entered, my friends pulled me into the changing rooms in the hall, shoving my Kapa Haka uniform on. 

We ran to get my moko and feather, and sat down on the mat, folding our arms and sitting awkwardly. The class lined up and walked into the hall, we stood quietly in our spots waiting for the Kaia to call us on. The guitar strummed beautifully, hardly missing a note, and we began to sing. 

We sang about 6 or 7 songs until we sat down for a few quick photos. All the year 6's took separate photos for the year 6 dinner, I'm a year 6 if you're wondering! Then we walked back into the classroom for 'Circle Time'.



3 comments:

  1. To josephine: I love the blog. In very few sentences you gave me a recount of basically every part of the morning. (except for breakfast) Keep it up.
    Millie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Josie
    I love how you describe what happened during the day. You captured everything in a few short sentences. I really enjoyed reading your blog!
    From Klara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Josie, Ivy here!
    Josie, your blog describes your Kapa Haka experience very well in very few sentences. It really reminds me of Kapa Haka and how the festival sadly got cancelled. Next time, maybe add more sentences and detail on what we actually did when we performed but other that that, your blog is great!

    - Ivy🐉

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about